Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Munising, Michigan-
Today we traveled from Interlochen State Park (affectionately named Bugtussle by Jim).  
I have to say in all my days of camping, I have never camped with so many bugs!!! 
And for those of you who know how much I detest bugs, take a look at this Big Daddy!  
I know I have a bug phobia but for it to be too much for Jim, I know it was bad!!!  
We were ready to move on.

By the hundreds!

6 hours later, we arrived in Munising. Well, that is after we took the 5 mile drive over the Mackinac Bridge.  It really wasn't as bad as I thought.  Well, that might be because I had my eyes closed most of the time, but we were very fortunate to have a calm day with little wind.
The views from the bridge were spectacular!


We arrived at our campsite at Munising Tourist Park on the shoreline of Lake Superior.
And I mean the shoreline, 60 feet away.
Our campsite faces west so we are excited about what the evening hours will bring!


We arrived early enough to have some time to set up camp and relax.
After all, that is what vacation is all about, right?


We walked along the shoreline and got lost in the colors and textures 
of the beautiful rocks of  Lake Superior.


We enjoyed a meal of pasta and sauce made from home.
And then we waited for the show!

And we were not disappointed!





A perfect ending to a perfect day!



Good night. Love to all-





No comments:

Post a Comment