Thursday, July 4, 2013

Closing thoughts for 2013's Trip

This last blog entry is a little late, but it takes me a few days to gather my thoughts - 

I guess I could state a lot of statistics as before about mileage, states visited and what-not, but I think you get the idea of how Tam & I celebrate our time together.

This year's blog was titled "A New Direction".  In reflection, I think everyone experiences new directions in their lives, so I won't elaborate on my new direction except that I know my career path has led me to meet wonderful people, talented people and dedicated people, and I always stood in awe of the company I kept.

Tam & I visited beautiful places on this trip, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Traverse City and experienced crossing the Mackinac Bridge.  The UP of Michigan.  Munising and Pictured Rocks.  Saw the north woods of Minnesota, felt the strength and majesty of Lake Superior while visiting Isle Royal National Park out in the big waters.  Saw sunsets, full moons, ate pastys at Muldoons and a doughnut at the worlds best doughnut shop in Grand Marias MN.  Fought "skeeters" at Minnesota's Eagle Mountain, and in Ohio, and Wisconsin.

We came away with a deep appreciation for those who call the area home. Now and in the past, such as the French Voyageurs and the Native Americans - they were tough!   We also have a deep desire to visit the area again and begin a true exploration of the area rather than a quick "recon".

The Truck Camper is setting off the truck now and both look two kids in time out.....Its just begging us to "load up" and get going one more time...

And to think, I get to do all this with my love - Tam, thank you my love, for all that you are.

~nob

Evening at Grand Marais, MN

2014 is way to far away to do without trips - I think that the blog will turn into Jim & Tam's Big Adventures...Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment